Sunday, December 27, 2009


Question #7-
Amy Marie said...What is the best way to keep from getting hang nails and dry cuticles? Especially in the winter? I have the worst nails right now and I am wondering if there is a secret I am missing out on Thanks! Amy

Amy thanks for the question. Lots of people deal with dry skin and nails during this time. Try some of these tips!

First take a look at your diet...
Try taking fish oil capsules which are essential fatty acids which help improve your moisture content for skin and nails...a vitamin E supplement will help too
drink extra amounts of water to help get rid of toxins and hydrate yourself

Next look at things your do or don't do daily...
don't expose your hands to hot water or for a long amount of time
try not using harsh soaps that strip your skins natural oils. Look for a soap with vitamin E in it or extra moisturizers that won't dry out your hands
rub olive (jojoba,almond etc) oil on them
Bag Balm or any sort of hang cream (like burts bees) or cuticle oil that contain lanolin
Also try sleeping with these creams or vaseline on them
Don't use any nail products with formaldehyde or toluene in them and don't over use nail polish remover esp around the cuticles.

Last if your skin nails or cuticles have serve dryness itchenss or redness I would recommend seeing a dermatologist for a perscription!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cami! I just received my starter kit from Bare Essentials, and I loooove it! My skin looks amazing, but it also feels healthy still. Thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete